25 weeks...(and a day)

It happeened. I finally have reached such whale like proportions that I have outgrown a pair of maternity pants. I am 25 weeks - for those of you not familiar with gestation, that means I have 15 weeks still to go to full term. When you see me walking around in a muumuu in 5 weeks, please be kind and if you see me on the beach, please don't roll me into the surf.



When we first found out we were pregnant, I chose a pattern for a baby blanket to knit. I did research on yarns and picked out color schemes based on if we were having a boy or a girl. I had all of this picked out by the time I was 10 weeks pregnant. When we found out that we were having a girl, I revisited the many yarns I had picked and none of them seemed fitting now that I had time to think about it more. The colors weren't quite right and the texture was just a little off. At 20 weeks I finally bought the yarn. At 25 weeks I have knitted approximately 5 inches of blanket. I'm thinking she should have her blanket by the time she turns 3. I am still very much in love with the blanket and the colors, but there is double knitting and while it isn't difficult, it is a little tedious. You do twice the work for each row. I think I'm going to cast on a hat for her that will go a little more quickly and keep me in good knitting spirits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MilSpouse Weekly Roundup

Can't wait