Dear Pregnancy...

Dear Pregnancy,

I love you! I love you so much that when I wake up at 11 p.m., 1:15 a.m., 2:45 a.m., 4 a.m., 6 a.m. and finally at 7 a.m. I am in awe of what my body is accomplishing. I am amazed at how many times one person can get up and pee 5 drops. Pregnancy, you are amazing. I have never in my life gotten such a work-out just trying to roll over in bed or sit up from laying down. You have pushed my limits, forcing me to exercise at all hours of the night. You are a wonderful motivator! You have even been able to transform my appearance into many things, sometimes I look like a turtle trying to roll off it's shell, sometimes I waddle like a duck, sometimes you even let me look like a pirate with planks for legs and feet! You know that I love Halloween and have given me this gift, the gift of not even looking like myself! You are so thoughtful.

It is amazing what we are accomplishing together, we're nurturing and growing a new life. I know that froggydaddy is thrilled that you, pregnancy, have been with us. Our relationship has given him great pleasure. You are a welcome third party to our marriage. I just wish froggydaddy could have experienced your awesomeness. I try to explain it to him and to wake him up when I get up so that he can see how great it is, but it's just not the same. I've thought about strapping the dog to his stomach and letting them figure it out together, but I think the laughter might send me into labor.

Unfortunately, you have a fickle heart and will be leaving me soon to fend for myself in motherhood and I will thank you for the late night training and for helping me to get used to not looking like myself and more like a zombie. I hope that our paths cross again in the future and that we have just as much fun then as we do now.

I am sorry that the doctors have decided to cut our time short by about week. It would appear that our relationship is very much like the Marine Corps in that we kind of halfway plan for one date only to have it changed by a week. If you do choose to leave before the doctors chosen date, could you maybe not move out while I'm at work or in public? I don't want to leave a trail down the cereal aisle of Target. Thanks.

Best wishes,
Froggymama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MilSpouse Weekly Roundup

Can't wait