Mothers day recap

My first mothers day came and went with little affair. I woke up with a headache and feeling like I was getting sick so Chris took Madelyn and let me sleep an extra 2 hours. It was fabulous! I then got up and played with a very happy baby for a few hours and we all loaded up and tried out a new Mexican restaraunt down the street. It was a low key day, but very nice to spend time with the family.

Being a mother has totally changed my life. I know I say this all the time but I am constantly amazed at the little being that has invaded our lives. It's not always easy, but I can't imagine not having her greet me with little smiles and giggles, to have her growl at me as she rolls around on the floor, to have her cry so pitifully when I walk out of the room. I wouldn't trade all of the sleepless nights, headaches exasperated by a crying baby, poopy diapers, pee soaked pajamas, or milk covered shirts for anything. It's all a wonderful part of being a mother. Every little stain is like a little badge of mommydom, a little reminder that my daughter is with me always and forever, that she is and always will be a part of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MilSpouse Weekly Roundup

Can't wait