9 months

Hey baby girl!

Wow. I don't know where to start, this month you have really taken off and we've been going non-stop! I think an easier approach to this letter would be to talk about the things you haven't done. You did not cure cancer, you did not run a marathon, and you did not make me a grandparent. There. Happy 9 months!

At some point this month you stopped being a baby and turned into a little person, I swear I woke up one morning and you were just a person. You chatter all the time, pull up on everything and your personality is more present than ever. I love our days together, although now that you can voice an opinion I am getting a little tired of the constant complaining you do if I am not within 5 feet of you. No longer is seeing me enough, you have to be arms length of me...unless you don't want to be and then you crawl across the room full speed only to complain if I move from where you left me.

You finally have enough hair for me to put bows in and I have been doing so full force. I don't care that it's barely enough hair to even consider hair, I've got a bow in it.
You think that sitting down is over rated and you have to STAND on everything! You are a climber, standing on your toys in the pack n play to make yourself taller, climbing over my legs again and again just for fun.


You want everything that you aren't supposed to have and the art of distraction just doesn't work on you. Oh, you might humor me for 5 minutes, but as soon as I think you're properly distracted, you go right back after that thing you had to have. If you still don't get it, you cry. I have vowed that you will not win these little battles of will and so far I haven't given in. But you are wearing me down and wearing my nerves thin with your grunting and whining. Don't get me wrong, I know there is a valid reason for the whining...it's usually that I am cooking dinner or looking at you.

I live for the moments when you hug me, when you grab my face and mash your open mouth all over it. In these moments I feel that you understand love, that you understand what an expression of love is and that proves that even though I might make mistakes, I am a good mom.

I love you,

Momma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MilSpouse Weekly Roundup

Can't wait