10 Months

Hey baby girl!A few days ago (OK, a week ago) you turned 10 months old. I know I say this every month but I can't believe how much you have grown and changed and learned. Every single day is a new adventure, a new discovery.
This month you flew for the first time. You didn't care. We boarded the plane, you flirted with the people around us and then you wanted to nurse so I hooked you up and you were asleep before we even took off and slept the entire flight. Then we had a layover and you were so happy and well behaved and on the second flight, you hooked up and were out again shortly after take off. It was so easy I kept waiting for the inevitable fall back.
We got it. After sleeping 9 - 6:30 for 3 weeks you stopped sleeping. I don't know what it was, a new environment (Nanna and Grandaddy's house), a cold, a new tooth, or just a combination of all of the above, but you stopped sleeping and went back to being up every couple of hours. We're still working on getting back into a routine and that whole crying yourself to sleep thing doesn't work anymore because if you are awake you are standing up and you cannot fall asleep standing up. When this happens I will go in your room and pick you up and almost instantly you are asleep in my arms. I know that this won't last and every morning...way early I bring you into bed with Daddy and me. I love having a family bed and you love snuggling.
On our trip to Asheville you met so many new people and got to spend a large amount of time with family members that we don't see often enough. It was so wonderful to see you interact with them and to show off how smart you are. You started waving bye bye and night night. It's so cute, and now when you are tired you will look at me and wave night night. I love that you are learning to communicate.
And the climbing! Oh my gosh, the climbing! You want to climb the stairs every day, and one day last week...you did. Daddy was "watching" you while Mommy changed clothes and when I turned around you were peaking at me from the top of the steps. You climb over and through everything. You are a good climber, but I am so not interested in you continuing to develop that skill...especially if it's going to continue to involve furniture.


Now, can we talk about eating for a second? You don't like to. You love finger food, but nothing with texture and you are so tired of me feeding you baby food that I can only get in 3-4 bites before you melt down. So your diet consists of cheerios, puffs, yogurt bites, and pasta. You will eat some dinner foods at night, but mostly fruits or a meat mixed with sweet potatoes or fruit. You definitely have my sweet tooth.

I love you baby girl and I can't wait to see what else is in store for us.

Mommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MilSpouse Weekly Roundup

Can't wait