1. My daugter is already a smart butt. The other day she was playing with R (a little girl I was babysitting who is 3 months older than Madelyn) and she was stepping on her leg trying to get to other toys. I looked at Madelyn and told her to be a sweet girl. She looked at me, started babbling in a sweet voice and stepped on R.
2. I am moving in 20 days and it's killing me. Today I had an impromptu shopping trip that was fun and didn't result in me spending money with Denise. I am going to miss that and her so much when we move.
3. My head still feels like a pimple that needs popping. I sound like I have a clothespin on my nose and the area under my eyes might just explode.
4. I LOVE this weather. It's beautiful and cool and crisp. Tonight I stepped out, took a deep breath and was immediately reminded of Madelyns first couple of weeks, it was this kind of weather when we brought her home. I love how certain smells can transport you to the happiest times in your life without you even knowing it.
5. I am moving in 20 days and I can't stand it. I am so excited to be close to family and to be out of this house!
6. I should be knitting a pumpkin hat right now, but I'm not. I finished the second hat last night and I need to cast on for another one, but I'm just not feeling focused. I want some apple juice.
7. Madelyn is snoring in the bed next to me.
8. I am struggling to make this a list of 10 things. When I started I had all kinds of ideas and now they are gone.
9. Tonight should be Chris' last night away from us during TBS! He only has 6 days left. I am so proud of him and so excited for him to be done. Of course he'll be in CA by the end of the month, but I won't worry about that now.
10. Madelyn is going to be walking soon. She is getting steadier and stronger every day. Tonight she took about 10 steps across the room and she can change direction. I am scared. I'm not ready for her to not be a baby.