Saturday, March 07, 2009

CA or Bust day 5 - Wednesday

Wednesday morning we woke up excited that we'd be making it in to see Chris. I made the mistake of telling Madelyn that we were going to see Daddy before we were actually ready to leave prompting a temper tantrum at the door of our hotel room because she was ready to go right then. We were a little slow getting started and Madelyn graced us with a lovely poo diaper on our way down the mountain so we had to stop and take care of that little situation - the first time on our whole trip that we had to stop specifically for her. Every other stop was for gas, food, and leg stretches. I woke up with a headache, luckily Mom was up for driving and drove 90% of this leg of the trip so I could just chillax in the passenger seat.


We had a couple more stops but not too much time in the desert because we chose to cut down to Phoenix and then pick up the 10. It was a gorgeous drive in Arizona. Absolutely gorgeous.


We got to Chris just before sunset and got to see our new house, new neighborhood and grab some Jack in the Box for a relaxed dinner in our new home. (The windmills are not part of our new neighborhood...just really cool around Palm Springs.)


This house is HUGE! Madelyn had a blast running from room to room and checking everything out. She gets lost pretty easy...lost as in I can't find her so baby gates will be installed soon.

I know I'm way behind on posts, I'll post about the house later, but I love it, Chris loves it, and Madelyn loves it and it feels like home. Mom flies home tomorrow and I am still very sad to be away from family, but this will do for now. It's all temporary until we move back to the East coast.

2 comments:

tiffanyg said...

Congrats!! I"m glad you made it safe.

Bonnie said...

Whoohoo! You made it!

Cant' wait to see that huge house!